August 10, 2010

The Parents Invade! - Saturday

So may parents were in Seattle this last weekend, so I finally got to do some of the tourist things around town. We starting things off on saturday by going to the Experience Music and Sci-Fi Museum. This place covers two of my favorite things outside of climbing.

(The tower of guitars in the center of the museum)
(Nirvana's old gear)

(Eddie Van Halen's famous guitar)

(I shouldn't need to explain this one)

(What I wanted to be when I grew up. So jealous of Cory Feldman)

(Aren't you a little short to be a Storm Trooper?)

(Dude, your skin fell off)

(Farscape was one of the greatest sci-fi shows ever)

(This is a favorite b-rate sci-fi movies of my sister and I. Jane Fonda is sooo hot)

(A Freman stillsuit from the movie Dune. If you haven't read the book, do it now)

After, we decided to go catch a movie as the weather was being classic Seattle, and therefor, unpleasant to be in. We headed up to Lynnwood to see Despicable Me. This movie is fantastic. It's so good I really can't put it into words. So go see it... and feel free to invite me, 'cause I want to see it again.

Sunday breakdown coming soon.

No comments: